Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To each generation their own fairytales


The thing I miss the most about being in law school (see elsewhere: "Conservative school") is to be surrounded by people into arts. Let's make a huge generalisation here, really. I miss their uber-confidence looks, their messy haircut, the cliché looks that they have and their inspirations that they share with each others. I miss strangers buying me, out of "i don't know what they thought about", hard-cover art books that cost ridiculous prices. I miss teaching kids about Basquiat, Pollock and Juergen Teller. In short, i missed a lot of opportunities, just because I was either too shy, lazy and not quite invested in what I thought was nice at the time. I miss a lot of friendships because of my never-ending sense of "I get bored afther a while", and a lot of possible unsuccesful love stories. In secret, like every girls who failed to attempt her initial dreams (or childish dreams, should I say), i have a thing for artists. Because they do matter about things that the "real world" doesn't care about. I just think that this type of bravery is sexy.


I also always had a thing for lost romance. At the youngest age, I was writing love stories and I had a huge crush on the guy from "Love story". Yes, the whole HIV thing. I did not had a crush on this seropositive kid from "Kids". I still don't have a crush on Chloe Sévigny. But, point is, my interest(pointless) for hopeless romance is still part of me. Part of me is still childish about it. (Amongs several other stuff..) That must be why I read "Missed connections" once in a while. Most of them are boring, but when I am bored myself, i sometimes go there, to catch a glimpse of this obsession with dating vs. all these individuals trapped under the individualism's law. We must not speak to strangers, as mommy once said.
Today, I came across this lovely kind of "missed connections". The kind of connections that you wish a man had ever wrote to you. It's yet so simple, and being the girl, i would have marry the guy right away. (Well, after the whole "tater le terrain" preparations, of course) (Only Carl's will get this one) The guy saw the "girl of her dream" on the subway, and out of courage, he draw after a drawing of her and post it on the Internet. The whole thing can be seen on: http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/.
Patrick Moberg (picture above, babe above) doesn't write about how it eventually ended (maybe "le terrain" was not that great afther all), but I think it's worth to be made. Sometimes, a simple choice as "I will go out tonight" or "I will choice this, instead of that" makes the way to your lovely one. It's kind of girly to post this, but I feel inspired. I like people that, even if they don't have the gut at first, makes their own way to get what they initially want. It is call, "i don't want to miss an opportunity". You might also check Patrick's art here: http://www.patrickmoberg.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment