Monday, March 8, 2010

Street credibility can be found online

Paris Fashion week awesomeness is almost over. The end of the week was pretty intense, ending in beauty with Hussein Chalayan, Givenchy, Sonia Rykiel, Celine and Karl Legerfeld Ready to Wear collections. It was great, but this year, my attention was really drawn in the direction of the Men fashion week during January 2010. On top of my list, you can see Burberry Prorsum, Louis Vuitton, Junya Watanabe and the lovely Dries Van Noten.

I am currently obsessed with men’s wardrobes. As my friend who study Fashion said; men’s couture is pretty much basic. Not much have changed since centuries. It’s always a matter of tailoring, or a few details added but the basic technic remains the same. That’s how I like men’s clothes. Obviously, when I wrote ‘’Hail to Rad’’, I was thiking about my gay friends, or for my own self. But I would never like my boyfriend to dress up this way. In my own tastes, men have to keep it up simple. A duffel coat, white shirt, levis classic (Or a pair of April 77 if he’s audacious enough), Clark Desert boots, and an old-school Baseball bomber jacket if he’s willing to. A 3 days bears is also a must. For all those who crave for that type of ‘’sartorial street’’ style, safe to say fashion week is not always the best source of inspiration. (Think Raf Simons who went hard with Men’s skirts for FW 10…) I recently discovered that blog, called Street Etiquette, which is honestly the coolest one i found in a while. A tip from Brooklyn boys or New Yorkers is never a bad advice. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment